If you have questions about how to use your voice2net telephone service, try downloading our user's guide first to see if it will provide answers to your questions.
There are two means of gaining assistance from FreeVoice
- You can call our office at any number listed on our Contact Us page between the hours of 8 AM to 7 PM Monday thru Friday or Saturday between 9 AM and 1 PM. Outside of these hours you will be connected to our electronic operator, press option 3 and leave a voice mail with an explicit description of the problem. Someone will respond to your voicemail with 24 hours.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the preferred method. Your problem will be automatically entered into our ticket system and the on call support person will receive a notification of your problem immediately.
Voice2Net offers free installation for their service but there is a mileage charge of 50 cents per kilometer from our head office with a $5.00 allowance.
If you choose to do your own installation the following guidelines are offered:
- First, you need to connect your Voice over IP adapter to the your router. You are provided a blue network cable with the device, it will only plug into one connector on your voice over IP adapter. Plug the other end of the cable into your router to a port marked as LAN, they are traditionally yellow. Connect the power adapter provided with your unit to the unit and plug the other end into an electrical outlet. Now you need to wait a few minutes then all the LED's should illuminate on the device to let you know it is ready to use.
- There are two methods to connect your phone lines, the first and perfered method is use wireless telephones. You simply connect the base station to your voice over IP adapter using the standard telephone cable already connected to the telephone base station.
- If you wish to connect to your house jacks, Go out to your demarcation point on the side of your house where your house connects to your local phone company, and disconnect the incoming phone line from the network. This will isolate your in-house phone line from the phone company. Then you may connect your Voice over IP adapter to a house jack using the telephone line chord supplied with the unit. If you are using DSL for your internet, please contact our office for assistance. Unless you have experience with telephone wiring you will probably require assistance with this installation.YOU CANNOT HAVE YOUR DSL AND YOUR VOIP PHONE SERVICE ON THE SAME JACKS, IT WILL KILL YOUR DSL/INTERNET AND SUBSEQUENTLY, YOUR PHONE SERVICE.
VoIP Service for your Home
(Designed for the Home that demands more)
Eastern Ontario's Voice over IP (VoIP) Home Phone Service Company since 2002.